My Winter Pout

Kansas, Wichita - Report by Elizabeth. Today, we will give information about My Winter Pout.

So we all know that winter is not very kind to any part of our bodies be it hair, skin, lips and of course I gain like 3 - 5kg because of the stews and dumplings I am stuffing into my mouth.  I cannot really do anything about the stew and dumplings as my body DEMANDS this but I can do something about lips.  I LOVE lipstick and probably own over 80 tubes of lipstick,  but one thing I don't like is wearing lipstick when my lips are dry and cracking and peeling, so I make sure I try keep my POUT moisturized and soft in winter.  
    
How I achieve the perfect pout
I am a very strong believer in Exfoliation and I think that Wikipedia's definition of Exfoliation is actually the best one -  "Exfoliation involves the removal of the oldest dead skin cells on the skin's outermost surface." So once you have removed the oldest skin cells your are left with "shiny new" skin and who doesn't want glowing skin. My skin care routine always involves some sort of exfoliation and my lips are no exception. For me there is absolutely no better way for me to get rid of dry chapped lips than to exfoliate.There are of course many methods you can use to get rid of dry chapped lips which are equally as effective but this is my preferred method 

The Lush Sugar scrubs are my absolute favorite with the Bubblegum flavor topping the list, I love these scrubs mainly because they are not too oily as I find that some of the DIY scrubs tend to be a bit too oily for me. The Lush Sugar scrubs are also not abrasive as Castor sugar is used to make their scrubs and the granules of the Castor sugar are much smaller than the normal sugar granules therefore they are less likely to cause damage on my lips, the Scrubs retail for R95 for 25g and a little goes a long way. 
  


How to Exfoliate

I like to exfoliate in the evenings before I go to bed, as I am preparing my skin for bed I first apply a thick coat of lip balm or Vaseline on my lips to make sure I soften any dead skin, I leave this on my lips for at least 5 minutes and longer if my lips are really dry once this is done I apply a small amount of scrub with my index finger on to my lips, I scrub my lips using circular clockwise motions, it is very important that you are very gentle when do this so that you do not bruise or cause damage to your lips I make sure I also concentrate on the corners of my lips to ensure I clear away any blockages. Once I am satisfied that most of the dead skin has been scrubbed away , I rinse off with Luke warm water. Also make sure you don't over do it as you could cause damage to the skin on your lips. I limit my exfoliation to twice a week. 


Caring for my Lips


At any given time there is 3 - 4 different lip balms in my bag, I am not big on glosses as I find that they are not really moisturising so my go to lip moisturisers are lip balms.  I do from time to time reach for Vaseline but I try and avoid this as much as possible because I  find that it clogs the pores around my mouth.  My go to winter lip balm has to be the Maybelline Baby Lips Dr Rescue (R31.95)  - this lip balm is the bomb.com - it is absolutely amazing, if your lips are badly chapped and extremely dry I have found that 3 -5 applications a day of this will have your lips back into pout mode in as little as a day.  It has a menthol like taste and feeling on your lips it is not greasy and gives your lips a great shine, and best of all it WORKS.  




Another lip balm that is fast becoming a favorite of mine is the Labello Lip Butter in Original (R30).  I find this butter to have an almost creamy like application it has a much thicker consistency than the Maybelline Dr Rescue but it does not feel heavy on the lips also it is not greasy the only thing I am not too comfortable with is the round tin I got it in as I feel it's a little unhygienic dipping my fingers into a product too often I always prefer a tube version for my lip balms.


One product I was quite disappointed in was the EOS lip balm I bought mine from Biovea for R114, I love the packaging and I think it is quite unique but the product does absolutely nothing for my lips it is very sweet and smells amazing but it does not do what I expected it to do.  It does nothing to retain the moisture in my lips and I find it to be a bit on the greasy side which I don't like my lip treatments to be. I was so looking forward to trying this lip balm but it turned out to be a waste of money. 




Tips
It is all very well to exfoliate and to make sure you apply you moisturizers often throughout the day but one important thing you have to remember is that our bodies get moisture from water so it is important to retain the moisture level in your body by  drinking water. 


Make sure you cover your lips when you are outside, by pulling your scarf over your lips so that they are protected from a cold gush of wind and though it seems like the most natural thing to do licking your lips is a definite NO NO as when the saliva dries it "sucks" the moisture out of your lips. 


NEVER ever pick at your lips if there is a piece of dead skin that is stuck there and won't come off easily, rather add your lip balm more often so that is softens the skin as this will dislodge easily picking at it will cause bleeding and/or more damage  as the skin on our lips is extremely delicate.


If you have a cold sore or an infection NEVER exfoliate your lips as this will make it worse rather apply your treatment and lip balm if it doesn't heal check with your dermatologist or doctor. 


This one is a very BIG one for me NEVER EVER share your lip balms or lipsticks as that is the fastest way to spread any infections. I use brushes to apply my lipstick and I never put them directly on my lips but my lip balms are my lip balms and I absolutely FREAK out if anyone uses my lip balms or lipsticks directly on their lips.

What do you use on your lips?  Have you ever over exfoliated?  What are your favourite lip balms?


XXX 


Love yourself beautiful 


Mzansifro 




Lip Scrub Recipe
10ml Castor Sugar
10ml Jojoba Oil 
5ml dried ground dried orange peels 
2 drops Orange Essential Oil 

Mix everything together let it sit for 3 hours before you use. 






Thank you for reading this article about My Winter Pout. Give your feedback when articles about My Winter Pout very interesting for you. Please share to social media or leave a comment. May be useful. ( Elizabeth )

No comments

Powered by Blogger.