Skincare Matters #6 - #Multitasking

Pennsylvania, Philadelphia - Report by Sarah. Today, we will give information about Skincare Matters #6 - #Multitasking.

Image from Good Housekeeping
It has been a minute since I posted on the blog but sometimes life just takes over and I cannot get to my beloved blog BUT I am back and I thought I would share this not so new Instagram phenomenon #Multitasking

Multitasking - is using different types of face masks to target different skin concerns on your face -  for example if you have combination to oily skin you would use a clarifying mask to treat your T-Zone area and a moisturizing mask to treat the rest of your face.


When I first saw this pop-up on  my Instagram feed,  I thought this has got to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen; but of course I had to try it. I have combination to oily skin and I normally use a face mask that is for the oily part of my skin on my whole face.

Is it just for combination skin only?
This method actually works for for everyone,  if you have dry skin but might get the odd break-out on your chin or forehead area, oily skin and you find that your cheeks might be a little sensitive from time to time, or normal skin and you find blackheads on your nose area. This method will work amazingly,  as you can now specifically target the areas of concern.

How I use this method
I use the Himalaya Neem Mask as my clarifying mask but instead of putting it on my whole face,  I only use it on my T-Zone area and for the rest of my face I use Dermalogica’s Multivitamin Power Recovery Masque. Since I started using this method I have definitely seen an improvement on the non-oily parts of my skin,  as they are no longer dried out by the clay mask.  

Do and Don’ts
There are no hard and fast rules on Multitasking, you can use DIY Masks or store bought masks, the only thing I would advise is make sure that your masks do not run into each other. Do not use a very runny mask on say your T Zone or eye area as this will run into the rest of your face and it kind of defeats the whole purpose. Also if you are going to use the Sheet Masks make sure you cut them to fit the area you want to use them on, or else they will not be effective and could possibly overlap to areas where you don’t need them.
Lastly and most importantly make sure to do a skin test of any products you haven’t used before, especially those with active ingredients such as salicylic acid as the last thing you need is an allergic reaction. Wear sunblock at all times and a higher SPF after any treatments.

Do you try the latest trends you see on the WWW?  Tag @Mzansifro if you try the #Multitasking face masks on social media.






 

Thank you for reading this article about Skincare Matters #6 - #Multitasking. Give your feedback when articles about Skincare Matters #6 - #Multitasking very interesting for you. Please share to social media or leave a comment. May be useful. ( Sarah )

1 comment:

  1. Are you kidding me you have literaly ripped this post from my blog. Please stop using my posts without my permission. I haven't given you permission to post this article on your site. TAKE IT DOWN

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.