Prepping for Winter #3

Wyoming, Cheyenne - Report by Chloe. Today, we will give information about Prepping for Winter #3.


I was never a big fan of Hot Oil treatments I viewed them very skeptically and didn't see much use for them even after watching +Naptural85 hot oil treatment I still wasn't convinced.  Don't get me wrong I like oils in my natural hair regime I love Nubian Nature's Mongongo Elixir as a sealant and as a  scalp conditioner,  but I have always viewed hot oil treatments as a little pointless so you heat up some oil and put it on your hair then WHAT? 



+Natural Moisture  gave me some products to review. I was actually quite annoyed that Ruth had given me the My Essentials Olive Oil (R50) because  I am not a fan of Olive oil, I have never liked the smell, and it made my hair greasy.  I sat in my car and read the ingredients and then I saw that you could use it for hot oil treatments, so I thought well why not try it for that surely its got to be good for something either than oiling a creaky door. 

To warm the oil I boiled some water placed the oil in a container then placed that container in the boiling water kind of like a bath, I read somewhere that putting the oil in the microwave takes away some of its properties and to me that kind of made sense.  I left the oil in its bath whilst I co-washed my hair with +III Sisters of Nature Cleansing Co-wash with Avocado (R90), by the time I finished the oil was warm enough, I sectioned my hair and and applied the oil from root to tip concentrating on my ends, I also massaged the oil into my scalp, then I put on a plastic cap and into the hooded dryer I went for 30 minutes. 

So whilst under the dryer I read a few blogs on the point of all this, Black Hair 101 says that "hot oil treatments have a conditioning effect on the hair and scalp" according to this blog hot oil treatments "reduce frizz, restore hair to the best possible condition and the scalp absorbs all the goodness of the oils" I still wasn't convinced I checked another blog Black Girl Long Hair and according to them hot oil treatments "infuse deep moisture and strength whilst adding protection and shine" and it's great to use in the cold weather.  I read a few more blogs and they all went along the same lines.  By then my time was up under the dryer and I went off to rinse. All the blogs I read said SHAMPOO and CONDITION your hair after the treatment BUT I thought now all that great goodness will get washed away so what did I do I put in the +III Sisters of Nature Leave-in conditioner (R90) I worked it into my hair then I rinsed a good amount of it off.  The results were WOW and WOW my hair was really soft and smooth,  I have to say the smoothness I noticed immediately my hair felt so good, my colour treated hair looked brighter and the untreated hair had a great sheen and it was flexible. I decideded to twist my hair straight away, I know it might seem like a bit of over-kill but I used the +Natural Moisture  Twist and Shine Shea Butter (R90) I concentrated it mainly at my ends which are still colour treated and tend to get really dry. As my hair was still soaking wet I used the +Natural Moisture T Towel to soak up most of the water from my twist once they were reasonably dry I took of the Towel and let my twist air dry overnight.
Now you all know I love a good twist out especially if the twists are defined and my hair is BIG so when I took the twists down the next morning it was like OMG my hair was SUPER soft and my twists were defined and the more I separated the bigger my hair got and most importantly it was not GREASY but it was really soft and smooth.  I know agree with most of those blogs that hot oil treatments are an absolute essential when it comes to caring for my natural hair and especially in the cooler months. 


What do I think
I think hot oil treatments are definitely going to become a staple in my hair regime especially now with winter approaching.  I can see my hair is much stronger from doing the treatments more regularly and I absolutely love the +Natural Moisture My Essentials Olive Oil, it has definitely changed my mind about Olive oil and the balance of Tea Tree and Castor oil is just right in this oil mix so it doesn't leave my hair feeling greasy. The +Natural Moisture  Twist and Shine butter has always been one of my favorite Shea butter mixes as it is quite smooth and it doesn't go hard even in winter and a little of this one goes a long way.   I think I am actually going to try doing a hot oil treatment with braids on this winter? 


Value for Money
I think that the Twist and Define Butter is definitely value for money as a little of it goes quite a long way.  The My Essentials Olive Oil I think I need a bigger bottle as I am doing a hot oil treatment once a week and I use about 30mls at a time.  The price on this one I am not really sure yet, it feels right if you are only using it for sealing and separating twists as it will last longer but if you are doing hot oil treatments once a week and you have more hair than I do then you will go through quite a bit of it so I am of two minds with this one. What do you think?




Have you ever tried hot oil treatments?  Do you have your own special oil mix? 




Remember to love your hair always 



XXX 



MzansiFro!!!






Products
*Natural Moisture products were given to me for free to review
*III Sisters of Nature Products were given to me for free to review

Products available at www.natmoisture.co.za and of course www.mzansifro.co.za







Thank you for reading this article about Prepping for Winter #3. Give your feedback when articles about Prepping for Winter #3 very interesting for you. Please share to social media or leave a comment. May be useful. ( Chloe )

No comments

Powered by Blogger.