Itch....Itchy Weave

Minnesota, Minneapolis - Report by Brianna. Today, we will give information about Itch....Itchy Weave.

One of the reasons I don't like wearing weaves and other protective styles is  the inevitable itch that follows.  Yes I look GREAT and cute and all that but then I walk around like a crazy person beating my head with my palms. I don't care what the celebrities say that is not cute.  
Itch Itch Itchy......
NO MATTER WHAT you do your hair is going to itch. I followed all the advice I got on blogs to prepare my hair for my crochet weave and yet here I am still itching, granted not as bad as I used to get when I went to a salon but it is there.  
WHY do I Itch I am an Natural Hair Blogger I "KNOW" Everything??? 
Yes even I the natural hair blogger ITCHES.  There is no getting away from it. There is a number of not so serious reasons why your scalp WILL itch after installation of any weaves or braids. 

1.      Tight braids - so when your tracks are installed, you get a bit over zealous (if you doing them yourself) or the stylist is mad because you have natural hair then your hair is pulled the skin is tightly contracted this can cause inflammation of the follicles (this is that itch you get a few days after your weave) - SOLUTION try not to pull too much on your scalp I know it its hard I do it too when I do my DIY's and I can never understand how I manage to pull my own hair 


2.     Lack of Moisture - I have 2 packets of Marley Hair on my head normally I use my spritz and the moisture travels down to my scalp and it is moisturized now the Marley Hair is preventing that from happening so my scalp becomes dry and thirsty and starts to itch and possibly starts to flake - SOLUTION get yourself a bottle with a long Nozzle, the plastic shop sells them they inexpensive and add soothing oil to you oil mix, I love Tea Tree oil.  
3.      Air - your hair regularly gets air flowing through it quite freely but now there is a bit of weave blocking that air movement, and you have your braids or weave all tucked up in a nice updo to protect you hair, but to get air freely moving in our hair you need to let your braids or weave just hang loose swing it from side to side (not too vigorously) and let the air flow through
4. WASHING -  I am used to washing my hair at least twice a week but now with the weave on I cannot wash that often, because the weave will not dry completely and might cause some of the more serious conditions below, I am washing my weave once every two weeks and making sure it is PROPERLY dry.  The products that I using to wash my hair will not cause any irritation on my scalp which could compound the issue,  I ensure that my shampoo is not stripping.  I stay away from Clarifying shampoos at this stage 

SERIOUS Reasons

1.      Mildew - I am sure we are all aware the mildew forms when there is damp in any area and the damp is kept nice and warm the bacteria thrives.  So you go have your weave done and your scalp is not properly dry the next day there is a really funky smell not the pleasant smell of your leave in conditioner but a funky moldy smell -  NOT  a good sign as the bacteria from the mildew can infect your follicles and cause untold damage and health risks to you.  I am not one for half measures when anything doesn't smell right I don't put it anywhere near my body,  I have read blogs where people say use an ACV rinse - no ma'am if my hair smells funky the solution is to REMOVE the weave immediately.  No hairstyle is worth getting sick for! 

2. Scalp irritation - your scalp gets very irritated and you develop small pussy pimples on your scalp  and its really painful when you do scratch that itch, please do not apply Tea Tree oil,  it is too late for that now, there is already some type of infection going on your scalp, the solution is to  - REMOVE the weave immediately this infection can become worse and spread to all your follicles which could trigger Alopecia and other damage to follicles.  Again no Hair Style is worth getting sick for or losing my hair. 

Though these are on extreme side and you hardly ever hear of anyone that had mildew in their hair you need to be careful and ensure that your follicles are kept healthy during any protective style as that will ensure the health of your hair. 


Remember protective styles are not permanent styles they cannot be kept in for longer than 8 weeks in my opinion keeping them in longer will just cause damage to your hair.  Enjoy them whilst you still have them have fun with the different styles and make sure you take care of your hair so you actually get something out of the protective style. 



XXX 

Isabel



Thank you for reading this article about Itch....Itchy Weave. Give your feedback when articles about Itch....Itchy Weave very interesting for you. Please share to social media or leave a comment. May be useful. ( Brianna )

No comments

Powered by Blogger.